View Single Post
wolfgaze

Member Since Dec 2014
215 hugs
given
Default May 20, 2019 at 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedTapir View Post
Thank you for your response! I've been thinking about it a lot and have trying to change my mindset.
When I am alone I can agree that it's what's inside that matters, but as soon as I am around other people I feel worthless and inferior again.
How can learn to value my character when I feel like no one else does?
You have to continue to routinely and repeatedly feed and reinforce this awareness within yourself - and this will eventually lead to a complete shift in how you perceive yourself and others...

If you were training to get in shape and run a marathon - you can't accomplish this by only training a little bit here and there... You would have to continue to 'exercise' and work away at this repeatedly in order to eventually accomplish your goal... The same analogy applies here... Cultivating and reinforcing a higher/heightened state of awareness is like an 'exercise' for your state of consciousness (conscious energy)... You have to put in the hard work (inner-work) and train yourself gradually over time... Slow going at first but really picks up steam as you move further along...

Right now the old/limited awareness is still predominant and feels like reality - which is completely understandable... The new/heightened awareness feels like it's something off in the background, and it doesn't feel like it's completely real/valid... You have to work to reverse this and flip it around! Then the new/heightened awareness will eventually become what's predominant - and the former/old awareness of existing as a physical identity, that will be something relegated to the background and will no longer hold its former relevance/significance...

~WOLF

Thanks for this!
StripedTapir