Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 20, 2019 at 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seesaw View Post
Hey PCers...

So I am having a horrible time and was hoping y'all could help me. I turn to y'all because my brain just isn't functioning, and neither is my body.

A little bit of history, part of my history of abuse includes being denied medical care for serious injuries/illnesses and being told I'm just "looking for attention."

Now, with chronic illnesses and conditions, I'm having a lot of trouble just dealing with some days being too unwell to do things, and explaining this to people or even just not judging myself for it.

Does anyone have any articles on a) dealing with fatigue from chronic conditions b) dealing with the side effects on not believing you're ill and even being trained not to believe you're ill? It's less about making others believe that I'm ill as actually feeling like I can say "I'm ill" and will be believed. That I'm not faking. That there actually is something wrong.

And of course, anyone who can commiserate or experiences this, feel free to chime in.

Thanks y'all.

Seesaw
I usually just call my doctor and ask them to mail me some of their information pamphlets, you know those little fliers they set around their waiting room and in their exam rooms for patients to read while waiting.

this way I dont have to do a bunch of guesswork or leg work. one phone call and with in a couple days the information that I need is delivered in my mail and its information that comes from places my treatment providers trust for factual information.

you can also use google to find official medical and mental sites like hospitals and doctors offices that usually have resources and site map pages.

Im assuming you are an adult now so no one can refuse you access to treatment providers any more except yourself. if you dont have a primary care doctor call your insurance. they will tell you who is listed on your insurance.

your mental health treatment provider can also help you get connected with the correct information directly related to your problems.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
happysobercrafter

Thanks for this!
happysobercrafter