Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,263 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 20, 2019 at 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalouise View Post
I usually just call my doctor and ask them to mail me some of their information pamphlets, you know those little fliers they set around their waiting room and in their exam rooms for patients to read while waiting.

this way I dont have to do a bunch of guesswork or leg work. one phone call and with in a couple days the information that I need is delivered in my mail and its information that comes from places my treatment providers trust for factual information.

you can also use google to find official medical and mental sites like hospitals and doctors offices that usually have resources and site map pages.

Im assuming you are an adult now so no one can refuse you access to treatment providers any more except yourself. if you dont have a primary care doctor call your insurance. they will tell you who is listed on your insurance.

your mental health treatment provider can also help you get connected with the correct information directly related to your problems.
I appreciate your attempt to respond, but I think you've missed the point entirely. I don't need help finding a doctor.

Thank you.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
happysobercrafter

Thanks for this!
happysobercrafter