View Single Post
Anonymous42076

Default May 21, 2019 at 12:13 AM

There's loads of stuff out there about how pets can relieve depression and how getting one has improved so many lives.

But after going out of town for work, and watching my dog happily greet a stranger a few times a day. Seeing him this way provided relief, but also I began to think about if I was giving him his best life. When I first got him I worked a 6hr overnight shift. Although the area I lived in kept me from wanting to go on long walks I did venture out with him quite a bit.
In the past year, my isolation has hit an all-time low, and I've been trying to get on full-time hours for my job.
I've basically spent the past year working and when I'm not working I just want to be left alone to sleep. I remember to feed, bathe, and take him out even when I wasn't willing to do the same for myself.
I only just moved out on my own again, but what if it changes nothing? I feel like for the past year he was only surviving me and deserves an owner that would spoil him with their time. It feels selfish, I feel even worse when I think of him when I spend an entire off day in bed.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Sunflower123