View Single Post
TishaBuv
Legendary

Member Since Dec 2014
1,873 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 21, 2019 at 08:04 AM

I wonder if all the rudeness and forgetfulness has something to do with society’s addiction to the internet.

It’s been a rant on here for me about how people who say they care about me really show me they don’t.

One example is I asked my son a question the other day and he said he’d get back to me, but he didn’t. I knew he wouldn’t ever get back to me at all. I got worked up and angry over that. Fortunately, this time, my husband texted him and said how he never called us. So he called us back and gave us a reasonable response, praise the lord!

Of course it’s hurtful that he put me right out of his mind and really didn’t care. I know I raised him better and we always had a great relationship (I thought) until recently. I think his mind just flaked out and he didn’t ever think to call me and never would have.

It sounds like your friend simply forgot your date. It’s the same thing where it wasn’t any negative reflection on you. She simply flaked. I think you handled the situation perfectly.

In the job I have I meet with people. I always contact them soon before the meeting to confirm. It’s the professional, expected thing to do. In the future, you might save yourself being stood up by doing the same.

I hate to sound bitter, but I have found many people to be flaky and uncaring. I’ve stopped trying to repair mistreatment. Although I’m glad my husband reminded my son to call rather than becoming estranged over his simply never calling again.

If you remind your friend about the next date, and she keeps flaking on you, then you’ll stop making dates with her. That is really the only boundary you can have. You don’t let people abuse you.

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky