View Single Post
MickeyCheeky
Legendary

Member Since Jun 2016
38.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 21, 2019 at 10:39 AM

I'm so sorry you're hurting so much, TishaBuy! Even though I'm not a parent, I believe I COMPLETELY understand how you feel and what you mean and what you're going through and it must be VERY painful! Unfortunately the relationships with our kids can be lessend when they get away from us! That seems natural and it definitely depends on the kind of person he is and what relationship you've had with him before that! Can I ask you how good was the relationship with your son before he left for college? Was it a good relationship? I'd suggest to talk to him about ALL of this and see how it goes from there! Hopefully he'll listen to what you have to say and understand what you mean! I don't think that you have to think of it as him "being forced" to do something! Perhaps he's just been VERY BUSY right now and he just doesn't realize that you miss him SO MUCH! Perhaps if you DO tell him that you're missing him and that you'd like him to write to you a little bit more he'll just DO THAT! I ALSO believe that you always contacting him first may have kicked in some sort of "routine"! He already knows that you'll contact him first so perhaps he just doesn't try? Is that an option for you? Does that make sense for you? PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I ALSO completely agree with what Open Eyes has already wisely said better than I ever could! Just show him that you're REALLY HAPPY for him and for how things are going for him! I hope things will get better soon for you and your son! Please keep us updated as much as you possibly CAN if you want to, ok? Sending many hugs to you and your sons, TishaBuy!
MickeyCheeky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341