View Single Post
TishaBuv
Legendary

Member Since Dec 2014
1,873 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 21, 2019 at 11:47 AM

We were not at all controlling parents. So it wasn’t because there were any issues with this son.

Looking back, the now series is ‘dis’s’ began when he told us he had been working a job while in college and had opened a separate bank account to deposit the checks keeping it secret from us. He said he did it because he didn’t want us to know he had a job. We wouldn’t have wanted him to have the job because he needed to spend all his time succeeding at his major (which he didn’t succeed because he didn’t put in the time because he had a job!). That was a sneaky and not smart thing he did. That was out of character for our son to do.

I think it was the influence of his now fiancé. I think the series of more that he did is all her influence. I really don’t like what I have seen him become. There is this guarded attitude toward us coming from him since hooking up with her.

Still, I know it is my son who chooses to be toward us as he is. It’s too bad. Oh well...

He’ll be fine doing everything his way on his own.

It would have been nice had he been as independent as he is but remained a little communicative and respectful. He must have gotten the idea that he has to be completely distant from his parents in order to be an adult.

Yes, I’m grateful he is healthy and doing well. His aloofness does feel like he doesn’t care. He really doesn’t care, otherwise I’d feel he does. I’m mature enough to be the parent who doesn’t give him a hard time. It just hurts and I wish it weren’t the case. It’s just another harsh reality I cope with.

Hugs from:
Anonymous44076, Anonymous46341, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky