View Single Post
Anonymous45634

Default May 21, 2019 at 01:10 PM

i stand corrected you did not say you were a life coach..how ever you did say " I outline my experience professionally within the mental health field, as well as personally in order to describe myself and my background. " which not ever having read your blog and read the tone in which you present yourself could actually come off in a "life coach" attitude.

regardless, at least one of your readers took umbrage with the fact that while you may not consider yourself one, she (he) does.

by immature, consider this..if your therapist changes boundaries and you bang up against them does your therapist rail and complain and call you names? do they get appalled? etc. no. boundaries are part of the process. they are professionally prepared to deal with the banging up against them. your reaction was not professional..it was the reaction of a therapy patient just told no. not the reaction of an author of an award winning blog. if you are going to talk the talk, then walk the walk. you have to be above the reaction..be the professional.

not trying to insult you but when you are the author of a blog or video's that are available to the general public and are offering a service you must be aware that you will have reactions like this and you must know how to handle them.

if you put your heart & soul I to it and want others to respect that treat it as such....don't let it get bogged down with an emotional response...there are times for that but there are times to be the owner, author & professional. does your therapist get rattled when you bang up against the boundaries? think that way. people do all the time (read the therapy forum) react critically, not emotionally.

again, while you do not consider yourself a "life coach" others probably do. you might want to ask the readers what they think. you might be surprised. if you are offering advice on coping skills, dealing with life, handling situations, etc, I would consider you a life coach. there are many variations of a "life coach" ...and while your interpretation might differ..your readers might place you in that category. take some deep breaths, calm down & assess the matter. nothing wrong with being a life coach (chances are you are one already...but if so own it and ready to be accountable-which you should be already )
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky