Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 21, 2019 at 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnester View Post
I have talked to her many times about how I do not think this is DID and everything I tell her she says I do and I am denial. So it doesnt seem to matter what I want or dont want to be called. She made that call even before I started seeing her again because we talked on the phone. Whenever I mention another issue like the sexual stuff she says thats DID. Thats a sexual alter.
what about using your 20 years of studying mental health as a way to talk with your treatment provider?

its up to each one of us who are in therapy to figure out how to work with our treatment providers and what to do about our therapy issues.

no one here can tell you what to do about your therapists and what they tell you and whether you want to follow what they tell you or not...

If I remember right I read somewhere in your posts that you have 20 years experience with studying mental health. maybe you can use what you learned all those years to figure out what you want out of therapy and what you want to do about the fact that you have 2 therapists that you are having problems with.

Im sorry but theres nothing we can do, we cant tell you what to do all we can do is tell you what we would do in the same situation.

me when I am having trouble with my therapists I sit down and think about our time together and how to either work with that therapist or not ever go back to them and get another one.

thats all any of us can do. you know you have options based on what your own therapy sessions are like, what you learned in those 20 years of studying mental heath and what you want out of therapy.

Assuming you are not a minor you make all the decisions of what you want for treatment providers, treatment options and so forth.

if you are a minor or have a guardian or someone else in charge of who you see and why and what you do in therapy you will need to sit down with them and figure things out with them.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Betty_Banana