View Single Post
OCD1972

Member Since Apr 2019
21 hugs
given
Default May 21, 2019 at 11:50 PM

I've never tried Spravato, but I did have a course of ECT 20 years ago. It did help quite a lot at first, but I had some confusion and thankfully I lived with my boyfriend and he could keep me on track with things like taking my medicine. I think it may differ on whether or not you have bilateral ECT or unilateral. Something to ask your doctor. I'm not sure which I had. I believe I had 10 treatments in all. A month after the treatments were completed we went back to see the psychiatrist and I said I wasn't feeling as well as I had been initially so he decided it wasn't the treatment for me. But it seemed to have taken the edge off of the horrible anxiety I'd been having along with the depression. And in time I was put on a combo of meds that kept me stable. I've known a few other friends who had ETC and everyone's experience is different. I don't remember some of the things that happened around the time of my ECT, but otherwise my memory is fairly good. Have you tried any psych meds? I have been interested in the ketamine nasal spray because I do still have depression but I think I read that it can cause a feeling of disassociation which for me would be really scary. I'm glad you reached out and posted. All the best to you.

This isn't the life I would've chosen, but I've done the best I could with it.
OCD1972 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote