Thread: What to do?
View Single Post
Anonymous40127

Default May 22, 2019 at 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyCheeky View Post
Thank you ALL SO MUCH for you advice and support!!!!! You've all given me GREAT, WONDERFUL ADVICE! Right now I'm in my second year of University! Switching Universities should NOT be a problem for me and I don't think it's too late since I know of people who have done that and are doing that ALL THE TIME! The problem is that I don't know WHICH career to pursue! I feel like perhaps I just need to work on MYSELF before having some clear ideas about what to do with my life! How long will it take to do that though? What should I do while doing that? HOW do I do that? It will also be very hard to tell my parents this! I feel like it's already hard enough to tell them that I don't like what I'm currently studying since they have put so much faith and trust in me! I'm not sure I could tell them ALL OF THIS without even knowing WHAT DO I WANT TO DO! All of these questions are making me feel more and more discouraged! I haven't given up yet but I'm not sure how long will it last! I feel VERY lost right now and I'm unsure of what to do... I can't do that alone! I DO need some help, I just don't know WHO! Thank you ALL SO MUCH for the GREAT ADVICE AND SUPPORT THAT YOU'RE GIVING ME! I realize I'm venting and writing too much and I hope you'll be able to forgive me for that! I'm just unsure of what to do next! Thank you ALL SO MUCH for being here and thank you ALL SO MUCH for the help you're giving! I hope I'll be able to repay my debts towards ALL OF YOU one way or another! YOU ALL DESERVE IT! YOU'RE ALL AWESOME, KIND, STRONG AND WONDERFUL PEOPLE! I PROMISE YOU ALL OF THAT BECAUSE IT IS TRUE! PLEASE REMEMBER ALL OF THAT AS MUCH AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN BECAUSE IT IS TRUE! Sending many hugs to EVERYONE!!!!!
Mickey, I think I got a solution (Genius Doctor strikes again!)

First of all, read extensively. Read about arts and science. I think the source of your confusion is your lack of knowledge of how academics is. Now, I think you should be reading instead of being online.

Browse Amazon. Go to the textbooks section. There are several categories there (e.g. "Computer science", "Medicine & Health Sciences,"Science and Mathematics", "Humanities," just to name some) Brose each and every category, till you find a book of the subject you like based on the product description. Make a list of all these books and buy the one you like most. Use Wikipedia or Google to familiarize yourself with the content of the book.

After the book is delivered, read the book for a healthy amount of time (an hour or so), do something else. Then ask yourself, "Do I find the subject the book belongs to, enjoyable? Should I make a career in it?" Read more about the subject (if you like the book), use Google to see the job market and minimum education required for the jobs you like. That's it for now. Make sure to research the subject of your choice.

If all this sounds confusing, I will give an example.

I go to Amazon. I go to "Textbooks" category. I go to Science and Mathematics. I list these books

1) A Brief History of Time - Stephen Hawking. (A book on popular science)
2) Cosmos - Carl Sagan. (A book on popular science)
3) Black Holes - Stephen Hawking. (A book on popular science.)

I select Cosmos by Carl Sagan. I Google it and get an idea of its content when I click on the link of the Wikipedia article. I like the book, I buy it. I search for more books like this. Eventually I buy formal textbooks like Principles of Physics and then I am happy with my career as scientist in future.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky