View Single Post
Anonymous56789

Default May 22, 2019 at 10:16 AM

Quote:
Here we mostly talk about adult clients in outpatient services, so not so severely impaired individuals who are unable to make basic judgments and see their side of the construct.
Transference, including projections, severely distort reality as do defense mechanisms so often people absolutely do not see their side of the construct. This is also true for those who did not have certain trauma. With thick transference, people literally see what they need or expect or want to see rather than reality.

Quote:
I really want to see my responsibility in this though...
This is why I support neutral Ts, because it allows everything to come to light and be examined so people can see their responsibilities and change. For Ts who are not trained in transference, the T engages in the client's patterns and the 2 act out rather than look at the patterns. If you are acting it out, you are likely not seeing it.

This is also why a certain amount of insight is needed to do psychoanalytic therapy. If you don't have an observing ego despite everything surfacing, the client is contraindicated for the therapy. It's a known limitation.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Forgetmenot07