amandalouise
Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 22, 2019 at 12:19 PM

Dnestor...

not sure whats going on with you but I can tell you I did some more checking on this idea that one hand / arm doing bad things and the other restraining it.

so far what I have discovered is there is no such thing in any mental disorders with this kind of thing happening where someone reaches out to do something bad and then the other side restrains or prevents it from happening by jerking the arm / hand away.

there is things like made up stuff like old 1950's where the belief was that schizophrenics had two people in one body one good and the other bad and they would fight for doing good things and bad things. but even that has been proven to be false now in 2019.

there are also none of my contacts with treatment providers that know of any physical health problems that cause a person to physically have one hand/ arm getting ready to do something bad and the "good arm hand" stop them or struggle to stop the bad hand from doing bad.

I personally think you can relax, that what ever is going on is not dissociative related.
Im taking a wild guess that this is just a situation where like normal people you started out to do one thing and then changed your mind and did another.

also something to consider. if this was a DID thing you would have been doing this all your life time where every time you did anything with the "bad behavior hand" every time you picked up a glass or plate or your clothing or in school your pencils, paper books, at work out on dates you name it. if this was a DID thing you would have been doing this all your life. you would probably not be having such a struggle getting diagnosis's. you would have a juvenile record and adult record and the courts would have stepped in to find out why you doing such dangerious and harmful things and have had your DID diagnosis for most of your life time

DID has been recognized and diagnosed in people way back in the 1920's to present, in the 1980s it was a very popular diagnosis for adults and children who could not control their behaviors, and had trouble controlling their behaviors, you are in your 40's so if this was a DID thing you would have had your diagnosis's longer then what you have posted.)

my suggestion is not worry about it, its normal for people to start out doing a bad thing and then change their minds and do good instead. most dont do it so dramatically but its normal thing to happen for some one to reach for something then think better of it.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote