Grand Magnate

Member Since Jun 2012
1,429 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 22, 2019 at 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xynesthesia2 View Post
. . . I personally do not tend to agree with views that, in therapy, the client can do whatever and everything should be the Ts responsibility to keep together, tolerate everything etc. Here we mostly talk about adult clients in outpatient services, so not so severely impaired individuals who are unable to make basic judgments and see their side of the construct. . .
You and I clearly disagree. I did the best I could for many years, eventually acting out somewhat because that was the best/only way that I had in those moments to try to communicate, to allow unknown parts of me to be, to learn what was going on with them, etc.

I hired the therapists to help me with those parts -- that's what I understood their job to be. If it wasn't that, what was it?

If/when the client is disabled in some aspect of their functioning, even if they are able sometimes to make basic judgments about some things, then I definitely do see it as the therapist's responsibility to try to keep things together. And to help the client get some better understanding of what is going on with themselves. How therapists are supposed to do that I don't know. But it is something that I think was reasonable of me to expect from them. I don't expect it any more and hence am not going back to a therapist -- I no longer expect that any of them have any ability to help me with this stuff.
here today is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Mopey, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
BudFox, Mopey, Xynesthesia2