View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default May 22, 2019 at 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenZeta View Post
Thanks everyone. I have taken a silent step back and she's gotten worse actually. She's telling co-workers that it's "my time of the month" because I've been spending more time in my office with the door closed (not to mention that I have a work deadline).

Today I walk in to find a lint brush on my desk. When I asked her why she left it there, she said "Not everyone needs your dog's hair all over this office, and you smell like dog...:

I honestly don't think my 7 pound Yorkie leaves THAT much hairs on me, and I know for sure I don't smell "like dog".

When I said "Thanks, but I have my own lint brush" she started again about how I don't appreciate her help and that she'll be glad when "Whatever this is... " is over.

Needless to say, we haven't spoken anymore today. I'm not in the mood
Woa! Okay, now I'm going to recommend a different approach here. This is workplace harassment and I strongly encourage you to speak with HR and/or your direct supervisor. This individual is WAY over the line and also trying to turn other colleagues against you. You drew a line so now she's ramping up her actions against you. I feel you deserve and need 3rd party professional support in this situation. NOT OKAY! NOT! I have worked with people like her. It can seriously affect one's mental health. I am not one to go running for help or reporting people for trivial issues but this individual has gone TOO FAR. This is harassment.

I am so sorry you are dealing with this. Her behavior toward you is disgusting and there are rules against harassment in the workplace. Grab yourself a notebook, write down dates and times with direct quotes from her. Don't paraphrase anything. You can also take pictures of things like the lint roller she left on your desk. And share your notes as soon as possible with someone in authority. There are also rules against retaliation. Not a bad idea to get a consultation with a lawyer. Many offer a free initial consult. As a back-up, if HR appears dismissive or unhelpful (give them a chance first) you can mention that you have consulted with an attorney. Though I'd only mention that if nobody with authority is willing to intervene.

"you smell like dog"
"it's her time of the month"
etc
Absolutely disgusting! That person needs to be privately sat down by the boss and told "You are at work. Mind your boundaries and be respectful of everyone here. You will not comment on other people's appearance, smell, or menstruation cycle. That is illegal. This is your first caution. Repeated cautions will result in termination of your position here."
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Bill3, Open Eyes