Thread: Support System
View Single Post
White Witch

Member Since Apr 2017
Default May 22, 2019 at 07:17 PM

I haven't been on here for a very long time, and I hope to remedy that here soon. Life can give you the worst detours sometimes....

That said, I'm the primary caregiver for my husband who is currently diagnosed with several anxiety disorders (general anxiety, agoraphobia, and PTSD), as well as BP2 and BPD. We lived in Seattle for about 8 years and was forced out of the city due to gentrification, rising cost of housing, and the loss of health insurance.
For the past year we've been up in Alaska visiting family and now it's time for us to get to a place where access to better healthcare and more affordability.

We have been discussing Eugene, Oregon, but haven't decided on it yet. Mostly due to the fact that we have no support system and I'm so burned out that I'm not being the caregiver I need to be. His mother is as supportive as she can be, but had health issues of her own. My family is in denial and entrenched in their dogmatic religious belief system that I can't go to them for help either.

We are both terrified of the trip there. He's afraid of what could happen and be the end of it all. All of the research I've down and people I've talked (and that includes the crisis/suicide hotline) to says he can get the help he needs one we get there. But it's the trip from here to there that's tripping us up. He wants the help so badly and doesn't want his life's to end.
White Witch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote