Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 22, 2019 at 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrad123 View Post
That’s interesting that your T said that if you don’t know what to talk about that means you might need less frequent sessions. Mine has said the opposite. But then again, we may have different issues. I have more difficulty opening up and I think his thought was that if I came more frequently it would be easier for me. You seem to be doing well with your T and I think he’s said before that it’ll be your decision about when to reduce sessions or stop.

Thanks for the comment. It's interesting that your T has said the opposite!

I didn't explain this at the time, but when I said "I'm not sure what to talk about," it wasn't that I didn't have things to talk about--I just wasn't sure what direction to go in. It wasn't like, "Well, I have nothing to discuss!" Perhaps I'll clarify that tomorrow... I did end up having an email exchange with him, partly regarding that comment, and he clarified that he wants me to determine the session frequency and he was sorry if his comment bothered me. That he just meant that such a comment can be a sign it may be time to reduce sessions. And he said he should have listened to the voice in his head that said "LT will see this as a rejection." I want to be like, "Yes, listen to that voice!" (There have been other times that's happened, too, where he's been worried about how I'll take something but says it anyway. And I take it the way he was worried about.)
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Lrad123