PC PoohBah!
Default May 22, 2019 at 10:02 PM

So I started to feel
Possible trigger:
tonight, and then I realized I actually wasn’t
Possible trigger:
. I don’t want to
Possible trigger:
, I just don’t want to feel worthless anymore and like I’m a bother to my husband. This is good for me though because even though intellectually I’ve been able to make this connection before (that I’m actually upset about something else and I’m just having an extreme reaction to it), this time my feelings were able to follow almost immediately and actually feel upset about the event that made me upset in the first place, instead of turning it all inward towards myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlumberKitty View Post
Congrats on the new job! HUGS Kit

Thank you Kit!!

@coolibrarian, I almost always attempt to walk away during an argument. He will follow me around the house and yell at me for trying to leave the argument. Sometimes he’s right and we actually do need to talk it out and I’m being avoidant, but a lot of the time I’m just trying to prevent us from fighting in the heat of the moment as I know it does no good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne2.0 View Post
congrats on your new job, I hope everything turns out well for you.
Thank you Anne2.0, I appreciate it!

@H011yHawkJ311yBean I definitely feel very relieved! It’s good to know things are moving in the right direction (financially at at least).
And I wish he would do those things too. That’s where I feel a therapist could help, but he says he already knows what he need to do and just needs to do it, so therapy won’t help...
@ArtleyWilkins, you’re right in that I really need to share all this with my t when I see him. I feel like sometimes I don’t let me see the whole picture of how my husband treats me because I’m sort of embarrassed/ashamed and also don’t want my t to think badly of him.. or on the contrary, think I’m too sensitive and just complaining too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post
Congrats! So glad you got a job!

Regarding your H, just wanted to say that depression can sometimes present itself as anger--happened with my H. So if this is a more recent development, that's something to consider.

Thank you LT! Honestly I would not be surprised if this was related to depression. I really really wish he would see a t because I feel he has so much unresolved stuff from childhood that’s contributing to this significantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arielawhile View Post
Such fantastic news!! And so glad you'll be able to go over things with your therapist and get that support.
Thank you! I’m really glad to be able to continue with him also!
SummerTime12 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight