View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default May 22, 2019 at 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelinglady View Post
Of course, she doesn't address male impotence which can't be cured.

Sex in a relationship becomes less important over time.
She referred to low male sexual desire being very common and problematic. There are different causes of ED. Some can be treated; some can't. Sex means different things to different people....it does not just refer to vaginal penetration. I think her experience and the research suggest that sex is very important and the lack of it causes a lot of marriage problems. I posted the Ted Talk because rarely a week goes by on PC without a man or woman posting about their frustration and sadness due to being monogamous to someone who made a unilateral decision that the relationship would be sexless or largely sexless. It turns out that telling people sex doesn't really matter isn't actually helpful to many couples. Society is very quick to judge and shame partners who have affairs and yet when sex-starved partners seek help prior to even considering an affair they get told they are shallow or unreasonable for wanting regular sex in their marriage. The presenter in the Ted Talk helps couples to maintain healthy intimacy in order to prevent affairs and/or divorce. This includes married couples of 20 years or more. I think her work is admirable. It's reasonable that she couldn't cover every nuance of sexual dysfunction in a single presentation.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
Travelinglady