View Single Post
AspiringAuthor
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2017
374 hugs
given
Default May 23, 2019 at 12:05 AM

Breastfeeding is a pendulum swung a tad too far - nurses and doctors in the past received money from formula companies and promoted formula feeding. To the extent this is not happening anymore, it is a very good thing. One does wish for some happy medium whereby formula would not be promoted, efforts of new mothers to breastfeed would not be discouraged or undermined, but at the same time women who would not or could not breastfeed would not be shamed, made feel less of, etc., but finding such a happy medium is very difficult. Taken out of historical context of prior generations of American (and British) women not breastfeeding at all, it may seem that the society is obsessed with breastfeeding, but in the actual context and all in all, it is not the worst obsession. Plus, breastfeeding promotes women's health and not just babies' health.

As for selling products, you can sell travel, haute couture and what not to single women. Some child-free advocates specifically cite the ability to travel as their reason not to have children.

I support child-free people as I think that people should only have children when they really want to.

Zyprexa Zydis 5 mg
Gabapentin 1200 mg
Melatonin 10 mg
Levoxyl 75 mcg (because I took Lithium in the past)

past medications: Depakote, Lamictal, Lithium, Seroquel, Trazodone, Risperdal, Cogentin, Remerol, Prozac, Amitriptyline, Ambien, Lorazepam, Klonopin, Saphris, Trileptal, Clozapine and Clozapine+Wellbutrin, Topamax
AspiringAuthor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote