View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default May 23, 2019 at 01:12 AM

"As for selling products, you can sell travel, haute couture and what not to single women."

I know plenty of parents who travel with young children or later when they're a bit older. Travel is not specifically marketed to single women. Haute couture?? I am a single women and have never bought such clothes and likely never will. They are marketed to extremely wealthy folks....with and without children.

I don't think we can realistically compare travel and elitist clothing markets to the multi-billion dollar markets of the wedding industry and IVF specifically marketed to young women. It's not coincidence that even in 2019, with so much progress since the darkest days, girls and young women are still raised with the notion that being unmarried or childless is somehow wrong or deficient. This particular nonsense is not pushed on boys and men.....little boys don't grow up dreaming of lavish white weddings or four or five babies. In reality, it's the women who often talk the men into these choices. Advertisers know what's going on.

Our spirits are being split from us by the messages that buying and owning things (including weddings and IVF among other things) will bring us true happiness and peace. There is a great deal of research on these phenomena from physicians and psychologists. This affects boys and men too of course. I focused on the "selfish single women" myth as one example of ridiculousness that most women around me in the offline world don't seem to be tuning into....and are in fact contributing to by not checking their own pettiness. A very intelligent single woman in her 50s has given some excellent Ted Talks on the aggression she has researched from married parents toward Singletons. It's going to be particularly hard for individuals to check their own personal biases when an entire society is pushing weddings and IVF as the only true course in life for women.

Last edited by Anonymous44076; May 23, 2019 at 01:41 AM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote