View Single Post
Forgetmenot07

Member Since May 2019
51 hugs
given
Default May 23, 2019 at 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne2.0 View Post
I would point out that I asked a question, I didn't make assumptions. And it's not up to me what you share or don't share on this board. It's an interesting style of argument to bring up way late in the story that you've been in therapy for five years and use it as a way to argue for your confirmed position.

I just know that I've popped into a happier place in my life, and arguing with people on this board is a whole lot less interesting than it used to be. I have no stake in what you do or don't do in therapy, but I think you'd benefit from taking more responsibility for your communication and taking a look at how what you say and do, or don't say and do, has an impact on others. Because you are the only person that you can change. If you think your therapist needs to change-- which may be the case-- then run out of there.
I dont know how to react to this.
'It's an interesting style of argument to bring up way late in the story that you've been in therapy for five years and use it as a way to argue for your confirmed position' dont know what you mean. Did I not say in my initial post that I have been in therapy for 5 years?
I posted about the Monday session here because the fact that I wanted to mention it to her so much again was directly related to the conversations in here. But it is only losely connected with my general doubts about therapy. I was trying to emphasize in the original post that it is how therapy is structured that makes it very easy to develop into a very dependent unequal relationship. I wasnt talking specifically about my T.
She really is lovely so thats why it wasnt like her to be so firm and distant this time. Its because she is normally very reasonable and patient this was a bit out character for her.
You say a that I should take responsibility for my communication whereas I am just trying to see what it was that made me freeze and get stuck. Its not black and white. I have an impact of her by what i do or dont do and say or not say but she also has an impact on me by what she says or more specifically this time doesnt say.
I am not trying to argue just explain my perspective. You give me an impression of somone with little tolerance for people who are not in the "happier place' that you are or struggle with expressing their needs.
Forgetmenot07 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
comrademoomoo, here today, starfishing, stopdog