View Single Post
fern46
Grand Magnate

Member Since Mar 2019
4,300 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 23, 2019 at 06:57 AM

I think everyone else nailed it in regards to meds. It just depends and it can change over time.

I do think it would be helpful for you to work on coping skills. They will come in handy when you give up drinking. You need ways to relax and fill up the time without ingesting chemicals that alter your brain chemistry. Bipolar disorder stems from a chemical imbalance and you're essentially taking a third med that is unregulated when you drink. Self medicating can help sometimes, but it is hard to know if your meds are effective until you give up substances and pair that with a healthy diet. I like to think of my body like a big chemistry set. It is easier to manage if I keep the number of chemicals mixing together to a minimum.

My hope for you is you find your way back to happiness. Just getting through the next 15 years can be a goal, but you could also set your sights on finding happiness and balance in the moment. It takes work, but you might find yourself simply enjoying the moment instead of counting down the days until you check out. Just like the meds are different for everyone, the time we have left is also different. You mentioned several amazing goals. I hope you attain all of them and keep going! Looking too far ahead can be overwhelming, so maybe just look at today or even the next hour and try to have some fun or some peace.
fern46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, bizi

Thanks for this!
bizi, Sunflower123