View Single Post
will19
Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2012
1,105 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 23, 2019 at 03:44 PM

This is my first time on Insurance & Finances on Psych Central. I am a regular poster on Depression/Psych Central, mostly on Daily Check In. This is all about Finance on this post from me.

I sold my condo unit that I had owned for 19 years. I was very happy to do so. I'd rather not disclose monetary figures, but I was very happy with what I got. I decided to keep the money and rent instead of buying another place.

And now, here's the issue. Right at the same time, my sister sold her house and received more money than I did. However, she had been in debt, so about 1/3 will go towards paying off that debt. The rest should go towards paying off the new house which the selling price is less than what she sold her house for. At the time we sold our places, she didn't have too much cash on hand. She needed money for a down payment So she had asked me to lend her 25% of what I received in the sale of my place. I wired that money to her.

At first, I was glad to help her because I felt euphoric when I sold my place and she did with her house. And now that I had lent her that money, I'm having regrets. She promises to pay me back in about two months and has a plan on doing so. I have fears that she's going to just default on the loan. I personally have depression & anxiety and those feelings consume me greatly.

Please don't reply by saying what a fool I am. I've been doing a great job of telling myself that. I did it because I care about her and she said that she would be living on the streets if she couldn't make this happen. It's a very high risk loan, not only because she had been in debts, but also because she lots of times does not come through with her promises. Although there had been times she did come through when I needed her to. In fact she did a very good job, one time, in handling my inheritance when she was the executor.

I have it documented when I wired her the money. I hope it doesn't come down to me to sue her if she's not willing to pay back.
will19 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous44076, Betty_Banana