Rive1976
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2018
144 hugs
given
Trig May 23, 2019 at 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claritytoo View Post
I must say I am familiar with this behavior. Before I knew I was DID I would have unusual sexual thoughts and impulses. I can remember having an impulsive thought and immediately having a firm argument in my mind. I recall being instructed not to act on the impulse. I remember there was no return argument in support of the impulse. It was just thoughts in my mind giving me all the reasons why it was a bad idea. I left the area to relieve the impulse. I thought I was going insane. These impulses seemed to come out of no where. I have realized over time and after accepting my DID diagnosis that the impulse was a part. That I believe this part had been triggered in that moment. I feel this part was fractured. It did not have depth. The part was the impulse. No thought, no logic, no other reason for being. In that moment I felt aggressive, dominant and wanting to attack. I have had this impulse since I was young but managed to avoid acting on it. I think once I understood that impulse was a part I wasn't fearful of it. I felt like I could acknowledge it and help it to understand that that behavior was not who we wanted to be in the world. We have a firm understanding of who we want to be and how we want to act. That would be for us to be helpful, kind, compassionate and intelligent. We do not want to be anything like the family we were raised in. We do not live a life of violence, aggression, hatred, anger, negativity. We are able to protect our self and stand our ground when needed. That doesn't mean we don't have bad days but on the whole we have a good life.

Thanks for this. My psychologist tells me to go in and tell my part that those are not acceptable things to do. That we would be in time out for a very long time and to not act on those things. I am still having a hard time with the whole people have normal conflicting feelings and those that might be a part. I to have been instructed to leave when my impulses get overwhelming. There is no agrument in my head either. Its just out of the blue. Im fighting so hard not to act on this impulse that I do want to act on or else I wouldnt have the impulse. My body goes to do the impulse. My body is welling up with anxiety. Like for example last night at the group home someones grandson came in. I watch the front desk. He asked to use the phone I was sitting by. My impulse was to touch my knee to his privates. So I sat there because he didnt know how to use the phone. I moved my knee away from him feeling this horrible anxiety that at at any moment I woukd lose control and actually touch my knee to his privates. All my impulses are like this and when I was a child I did act on my impulses sometimes. It has been like this for me since I was 7. Its all very confusing.
Rive1976 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote