View Single Post
Forgetmenot07

Member Since May 2019
51 hugs
given
Default May 23, 2019 at 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atisketatasket View Post
The three therapists I emailed regularly with (1, 3, Info) always started the next session by asking about the issue that had been brought up in email, whether it was something I was going through or something between us.

I assumed it was standard practice. I certainly think it’s good practice. With Info, it has saved the “relationship” several times.
9/10 times I quite enjoy the emails not being directly mentioned at the beginning of the session because it would maybe put me on the spot. I suppose thats what I got used to. However it does really matter to me that we discuss them in a more interwinded way as part of an on going conversation. Like when I start talking and she would refer to something from an email etc.
I doubt she really had no idea what my silence ment this time. As I said before even if she didn't have any idea I looked really distressed. It would have been easier if she approached me in a more gentle way. This was very inconsistent with her other reaction which makes me think I crossed some kind of a line (but this probably is reading too much into it)
Forgetmenot07 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
atisketatasket