View Single Post
Forgetmenot07

Member Since May 2019
51 hugs
given
Default May 23, 2019 at 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne2.0 View Post
I don't really think that's a fair reading, but consistent with seeing the worst in people rather than the most benign. I see my responses as telling you how I see it, which is kind of the opposite of intolerance. I didn't tell you that you were wrong or you should stop talking about it, and I think posting in general is a willingness to continue the conversation, whereas intolerance shuts the conversation down. I leave threads when I'm feeling intolerant of what's going on there.

Labeling anyone with a personal trait, making a kind of personal attack "this is the kind of person you are" is not something I have done in response to you. It feels aggressive to me and I'm not interested in retaliating by telling you what impressions you give me.

I hope you find a happier place in your life, really and truly.
I am only expressing how your reply made me FEEL. I have no idea 'what kind of person you are' and I am only reacting to your messages here. Like I said before: communication is not only what people say but also how they say it. On forums like that intension can be easily misread as we only see words and easily assign a tone to them.

I definitely don't think my observations are aggressive. I think explaning to someone how their messages can be read or the impression they can give to other people can actually be very helpful. I would welcome that kind of feedback. It might not be what I say but how I say it. The feedback would give a chance to either explain myself better or change my behaviour. This is also what I am doing now - trying to explain myself.
Forgetmenot07 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
here today, Mopey