View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default May 23, 2019 at 11:16 PM

Mr. Moose,

thank you for so eloquently sharing your truth. I am so sorry that you have experienced abuse. it was not your fault and you did not deserve it.

I am many years out from my divorce now. I was only able to eventually sleep even 4 hours a night once the police were involved and the judge granted an order for protection (restraining order).

Unlike you, I did not have children with my ex. Though the financial strain, the horrifying idea of ever dating again, the weariness, the lostness....I understand all of it. Though I fully respect that you are you and I am me so my feelings could not possibly be the same as yours.

I found your truth very poignant and it resonated with me deeply. I want to write to honor your choices and offer my empathy. When my divorce finally came through, I raised a glass of wine with my divorce attorney in honor of my new freedom and autonomy. You see I had been in hell for so long...living on the end of someone else's rage just as you used to do. So as tired and fractured as I was, I raised that glass right after I signed the final papers and thanked myself for leaving and surviving.

I completely understand why you did not feel like cheering. And I sincerely hope that one day in the future, whether near or far, you will feel like raising a glass to honor yourself and your freedom.

I am glad that younger daughter is with you and I wish peace and hope to older daughter as she navigates life with your ex-wife.

You are such a strong and brave person for making it this far. Not all humans will understand that but plenty of us do. Bravo Mr. Moose. Bravo! Be good and kind to yourself now, will you? One moment at a time. The future is brighter than it could ever have been without this choice.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous43949, MrMoose

Thanks for this!
MrMoose