View Single Post
lovethesun

Member Since Dec 2014
58 hugs
given
Default May 24, 2019 at 06:16 AM

I've always wondered this. Over the years I've seen many instances where people are recognized or receive an award for something that is the opposite of what they are. Once at work a woman received "Employee of the Month" recognition, yet everyday she showed up to the office wearing bedroom slippers and would bring a crockpot to plug in at her desk so she could eat and socialize at her desk instead of doing her job. And customer complaints proved she was not doing her job. I've seen students at schools receive awards for "being kind and inspiring others", when in fact they're known by the student body for being rude and are observed pushing other students in the hallway. Yet consider this, if you go to the hospital for brain surgery, are you going to want a surgeon that got to where he/she is by brown nosing? (Yes, i've seen people get into dental school and medical school because of who they know). It seems that somewhere in this world, honesty, integrity and skills should still matter, right? Or do I need to accept that brown nosing gets you places and skills don't?
lovethesun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous43949, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky