View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default May 24, 2019 at 05:57 PM

Well the news broke today and I was gratified by the reaction of others. People are actually quite mad. This probably was a management issue as the job they said she would be doing clearly is NOT a full time job.

1. Previously they did this thing with another person who was, lets be honest, just lazy. This person has gone on to have quite a reputation for being lazy. His job is now to cover for other people but, when he covers, he does a poor job. Also, if he has even one small thing to do in the morning he isn't available to cover for you. So basically it is rare he is available to cover for you. You can just see him sitting around all day.

2. the way this was described it seems like she will be helping out management, management which doesn't need help. It is the rank and file that need help.

3. They did suggest that she will need to travel for this job but she seems to suggest that isn't really the case. I hope that isn't true. This job is covering for others so .. if she isn't doing that she will be doing nothing.

4. Today was my friends first day back after a forced week off. How I would drool for a forced week off. We had talked about how she has to take this job and really kick butt in it. But to my frustration she went in for an hour and went home. She just couldn't "take it". Err, what? Way to get off to a strong start!?

Basically I could hear a lot of people complaining that it isn't fair that people kill themselves to stay in their jobs and then people wash out of their jobs and get rewarded for it. They get a low stress, low requirement job, 10 minutes from their house and though they take a pay cut, it isn't that severe.

I am also concerned that this is going to blow up in my face. I shared this with two people. One I couldn't really help as she wanted to complain on my friend and I asked her not to as not to get her in trouble. And another I do trust. But now my demoted friend makes it like I can't tell ANYONE and this is the SHAME of her life and if ANYONE KNEW she would be devastated. Err... please -- EVERYONE KNOWS. But she will be able to take out her anger on me if it is discovered.

She just pissed me off by comparing my abuse to her. Saying that my abuser didn't get rid of me. I am not going to respond but of course he didn't. I DID THE JOB. YOU didn't. That is the elephant in the room. She has a personelle file filled with issues before this. Once calling her manager a swear word and being written up for insubordination. My file has nothing in it. Maybe I just have to stop being her friend because maybe she does have to accept that she blew this and no one else did... and own that. OWN it.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote