View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default May 24, 2019 at 10:26 PM

Hello Junerain. Sorry you got bad news. While I understand your discomfort, I don't think you need to feel ashamed. My sister had either gonorrhea or chylamydia at one point. She contracted it from her husband during their marriage. She only had one prior partner. They both got treated and are both fine now. It only takes one partner to get a STD. Would you feel ashamed if you caught influenza or chickenpox? I don't view a STD as any different. I am glad you were able to get it diagnosed so you can get the treatment you need. I think it's one of the easy ones to treat and actually cure because it's not a virus.

Do you practice safe sex with condoms? It's not 100% reliable (HPV may still be transmitted for one thing and condoms can tear) but certainly decreases risks compared to without.

Are you uncomfortable with your number of partners in your own mind or because your therapist is judging you? Honestly, he/she does not sound like a good therapist. Your choices are your choices. If you want to change them, that is up to you, not the therapist. And if you don't change your # of partners, lectures from your therapist are not helpful and will likely erode your therapeutic rapport.

I hope your infection clears up soon. As far as the emotional part goes, is there anyone in your life who is kind and non-judgmental to give you a hug and have a nice chat? Also, there are actually therapists who specialize in topics related to sex and sexuality. One of my friends went to one and said it was life-changing. I don't know what they discussed but she highly recommended sex therapists. I'm guessing your therapist is not a sex therapist. We also have a Sex forum available on PC which is a great idea.

Peace and good health to you You deserve that. Whether you have had 1 partner or 10 or 100

Last edited by Anonymous44076; May 24, 2019 at 10:45 PM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
AspiringAuthor, childofchaos831, Junerain, unaluna