Default May 25, 2019 at 04:41 AM

Thank you all so much for your replies!
Quote:
Originally Posted by golden_eve View Post
Happy bday btw.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTrees View Post
Folks living with psychopathy do not worry about the feelings of others. They would not regret whatever it was you said to your friends that you felt startled them. Nor do psychopaths worry about being psychopaths; they just are. See what I mean?
This is a HUGE relief
Quote:
I wonder if feeling "stone-cold" at times is really emotional numbness which can often be a response to intense emotion and trauma. You said this started after 2 years of trauma....that has not been addressed....perhaps you have not begun to heal.
I've healed a lot of things. I was agoraphobic and shut in my own world for years: I worked on it without a therapist, and now I can socialize happily and easily like a normal person (supposing "normal people" exist ) And it's been 20 years since the bullying phase. But maybe it's not enough?
Quote:
You may like to read about Negative Empathy.
Negative Empathy | Psychology Today
Interesting read!
Quote:
That said, I recommend an experienced therapist to help you heal from the trauma of bullying. I am sorry that happened to you. It was not your fault and you did not deserve it. Be good and kind to yourself and consider finding a professional to talk over your concerns. I do NOT think you are a psychopath I wish you peace, hope, and a bright future.
You made my day
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpalComet View Post
I never found any other people like me in this aspect however I have almost no empathy, and I never have had any and I'm definitely capable of viewing things from a different perspective. The truth is that I just hate humanity and I've never cared for it. I've spent half my life pretending to care about others just so that they don't think I'm a psychopath. I used to manipulate people without even trying, and I thought I stopped doing that, but it turns out I'm doing it on such a grand scale that it's hard to tell.
That's a very interesting perspective, and thank you for sharing. It sounds like a super annoying condition, to say the least... needing to hide yourself and your thoughts like that all the time.
When my empathy is working, I have the same thoughts as I do without it: the only difference is that I have an emotional filter that automatically puts them into perspective. Still, sometimes I hate humanity too: that part isn't exclusive to people with no empathy And trying to limit your instinctive manipulation of people, despite technically not feeling for them, speaks really well about you (at least from my point of view).
Quanticia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous43949, Anonymous44076

Thanks for this!
OpalComet