View Single Post
luvyrself
Poohbah

Member Since Dec 2015
136 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 25, 2019 at 08:34 AM

This issue is more complicated than it looks. We cant constantly change therapists tho I have that temptation myself. It’s vitally important to have a therapist that really knows you.
I dont agree with the philosophy that therapists are never wrong. I am pretty high functioning, have 3 degrees, worked my whole life, tho I actually space out when I’m having serious stress and then episodes. I have more stress now because I handle my ex’s serious medical issues, but I am not doing well in retirement without the structure and validation of work. My therapist here has never seen me work and seems to have little confidence that I can or should do that. Years ago, an excellent pdoc said “you wouldnt do well without work”. He was so right. If she just thinks I am under too much stress already, she should say that rather than making me feel inadequate.
Maybe this woman is trying to get you to understand that you haveimportant work to do rather than risking a higher level of transference (you mistaking the relationship for a friendship)by acting more friendly with you. As I recall, you do seem to want your therapist to be your friend. Sometimes my T and I joke around a lot and sometimes we dont, so I dont know when I do better.
My suggestion is to focus more on working on your issues than wanting her to be super friendly with you. If things continue to feel super uncomfortable then you can change, tho it sounds like changing is more difficult in your country.

wellbutrin 75 mg, cut in half or higher dose as needed
Regular aerobic exercise
SKILLSET/KNOWLEDGE BASE:
Family Medical Advocate
Masters in Library Science
Multiple Subject Teaching Credential-15 yrs in public schools

Thanks for this!
SarahSweden