View Single Post
Anonymous56789

Default May 25, 2019 at 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post
Arnica? That's helped me some, too.
I use an arnica-based topical cream sometimes as it helps with certain types of pain.

I don't think arnica is homeopathy as it's just a flower with anti-nflammatory properties.. Sometimes it seems homeopathy and alternative medicine are being used interchangeably?

The seperation of medicine does boggle my mind. Look at the properties of the poppy flower. Many flowers have medicinal uses, and arnica is just another. Chamomile, lavendar...

No one wants to research things that aren't related to patents and don't have potential to make money, particularly in the United States. In Germany, St. John's Wort is the first line antidepressant prescribed, and there are many research studies on its effectiveness. That somehow Zoloft is considered evidence-based in the US but St. John's Wort is not really has little to do with science and such conclusions seem absurd to me.

I also think think things like poppy flowers and cannibus plants are regulated to control money that can be made. I first was suprised CBD oil hasn't been banned and health food stores haven't been raided to confiscate the CBD oil that contains traces of THC but have concluded times are changing, and since people have more access to information, public expectations and demands have changed.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Anonymous45127