View Single Post
stydia

Member Since May 2019
6 hugs
given
Default May 25, 2019 at 02:58 PM

I started a new job at a pizza place and I already want to run screaming. My boss is downright abusive, crossing lines. She was mocking my hearing impairment, threatening to fire me on my first day learning how to top pizzas and accusing me of doing nothing, getting angry when I was asking questions to make sure I was doing things correctly when it was all new to me and gossiping about me to other employees while I was there, like I wasn't as if I were completely deaf. I told her about my high frequency hearing loss during the INTERVIEW before she hired me and she denied ever having that conversation. I tried to use my own earbuds for the video training and she gave me a hard time over that, claiming the computer wouldn't work with mine and she was going to try and make me use her crusty, earwax caked ones. She barks and snaps at me when I've done nothing wrong and I'm trying my best, giving me death glares and being a bully in front of everyone else. I left the room and I heard her laughing and mocking me in an animated voice, "I don't know how to do it!" which I never said, but apparently being trained is too much to ask. I can't be expected to know where everything is when I've never been in the store before, like I'm psychic. Totally unreasonable.

Yesterday I had an IBS flare up and was miserable, almost lost control of my body at work and I would have if she hadn't sent me home two hours early. This is literally making me sick and not worth it, and my dad knows I can find something better (I'm still looking and applying at places, calling back, etc.) and wants me to quit but my mom refuses to let me.
stydia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
mainrain, seesaw, Turtle_Rider