Wise Elder

Member Since Nov 2009
31.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 25, 2019 at 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTrees View Post
I know some women who would never go out alone. I go out alone to the theater or for dinner etc on a regular basis. Some women aren't comfortable on a eve out without their partner or two or three female friends next to them. That is different from how I live but different doesn't equal wrong.
I am also one to go out alone all the time. I go where I want, when I want.

Count me among those who prefer guys as friends. Always have. Now, mind you, as I've gotten older, it is harder to make friends of any sort. A major part of my discomfort with women (in general) has to do with "lady talk". OMG, how it bores me! And squealing (like in greeting... really freaks me out). I've literally crawled under tables to get away from "lady talk". And yup, at gatherings, you'll find me hanging out with the guys.

In recent times, I have been in a living situation with 2 males and 2 females. One of the females can't fathom how I manage without women friends. I just have to shrug. I do like both the females very much, and this is kind of a new thing for me. Work in progess, lol.

As someone else mentioned, I also prefer nerds. I tend to like people in the middle. Not too macho, not too girly. My most recent best friend (a decade ago, he died) was a gay guy. We got on SO well! We were both creatives and had a shared thinking process that I'd never met anyone else with.

Well, that's my story. I may be a bit unusual, but I don't think I'm unbalanced.

Ennie, I can understand your feeling the way you do about your situation. I'd feel that way regardless of their gender. It's more about the behavior imo.

--The Cure
Innerzone is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous43949, Anonymous44076, Lilwren