View Single Post
Anonymous40796

Default May 25, 2019 at 08:20 PM

I read Marcus Aurelius' Meditations while I was under psychosis. My psychosis lasted a year. I had my breakdown in my junior year of college, the final year I scrounged to collect enough credits to graduate. My focus at the university was philosophy of psychology and mind. Over the past few years i've been writing a narrative with philosophy inside, the core of it being about Greek thought. I finished it, then I got some valuable criticism, but I've spent the last couple of weeks fine tuning it.

I think stoicism is a good approach to combating the external world and one's inner demons. It worked for awhile for myself, but after a year I couldn't fight any longer. As for high functioning, I've been able to hold a job with major difficulties. It's a physical job so I don't need to show up and give fake smiles to a hundred strangers a day which helps. Sleep and lack of emotions are my two biggest obstacles.

It's nice to her a success story like your own. Good job. Also, there is a philosophy forum here called crazy philosophy. It' been pretty dead lately, but if you give it a shot maybe it can start buzzing again.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote