View Single Post
feralkittymom
Grand Magnate

Member Since Aug 2012
1,974 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 25, 2019 at 10:10 PM

Therapists are a dime a dozen, so I would wonder why you want to bother dealing with this issue at all?

The group he worked for is a cult; it is an off-shoot of the defunct Synanon, which was a pretty well known West Coast outfit that was active in the 60's & 70's as a drug rehab program that eventually promoted itself as a religion and finally went bankrupt. It was always a controversial group, but those were the days of many controversial therapeutic methods.

I'm confused: if he's in a different state from you, and you're doing therapy on-line, how did he do a martial arts move on you???

CEDU was forced to close a few of their schools, which is probably why he moved around, but the fact that he joined CEDU schools in other locations, I find troubling. These outfits incorporate in the particular states that they do because they go where regulations are weak. It's like the credit card companies work out of Delaware because the regulatory system is advantageous.

I would wonder about the school that employs him now. Private schools are, again, not subject to the same degree of oversight in many cases that public schools are. That can be good or bad, but it makes me wonder about his choice of employment. I also don't understand why he's providing on-line therapy to out of state clients: again, regulation is weak, but that is an acknowledged bad practice. The large on-line therapy providers have been forced to discontinue this practice as inherently unethical and problematic liability-wise.

Ethical practitioners don't make this sort of pattern of decisions.
feralkittymom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Anonymous45127, atisketatasket