Rachelle1

Member Since May 2019
4 hugs
given
Default May 26, 2019 at 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by precaryous View Post
Hi Rachelle,
My experience was- we were never able to go back to MH professional and client after the intimacies (and before I realized how harmful they were to me). We tried to return to psychotherapy and the issues that brought me to see him in the first place- but sessions became all about my anxiety, confusion when the intimacies abruptly stopped and his not explaining...he was never able to be helpful as my therapist again. He was so frustrated I would not let it go...but I was confused! He was so frustrated, he lied and made devastating comments and allegations about me. He convinced his receptionist I was unstable- dangerous, even. So I do relate to your story quite a bit.
Oh I'm so sorry to hear this, Precaryous. I know how excruciatingly painful this is at least partially, but it must be a lot more damaging to experience that with a therapist that knows your deepest secrets. I'm so sorry you had to go through that :-(. I experienced a similar thing, albeit I do realize with a doctor that is not a therapist it is different and less intense. But I found it one of the most damaging things of the entire relationship. In my relationship with the previous doctor we tried to get back to a "normal relationship" when the intimacies abruptly stopped. In my case he did explain, he would tell me he was not interested in me anymore. Or that he made a mistake to get into a sexual relationship with me, he didn't find me attractive and liked voluptuous girls. It was devastating to me after all the previous sexual encounters in which he would call me 'little lover'. I turned to self-harming (something I had never done), I visualized su**cide nearly every day. I was alone living abroad and had no friends or family. If I spoke to family they didn't want to hear from me and when they heard about this relationship they said it was my own fault. I was completely at a loss. I tried to make him want me again as my self-confidence had taken such an enormous hit. This made him accuse me of trying to continue a relationship he did not want, and he later used this against me to prove he had never had a sexual relationship with me but that I just had tried to seduce him. It was excruciatingly painful. I was renting an apartment and crying so much the neighbors warned the rental company they were worried since they always heard me cry. I also recognize the fabricated stories that as a crazy patient I made up the entire relationship. By the time I received my records I could see how he had written in them that he had had a meeting with a staff member discussing I was crazy, etc. This meeting had taken place at the same time we were sleeping together (one day before another sexual encounter we had, in fact). It went a lot further, out of fear to be recognized I can not elaborate, but it has caused deep trauma's. In records he also wrote I had tried to come on to him and when he rejected me I became an eratic woman. It was immensely traumatizing to read the records. When they were sent to the prosecutors I wanted to disappear from shame. It was no wonder it took them quite some time (and strings of emails I had to forward) before they believed I spoke the truth about this sexual relationship.
Fast forward, years later, I received a document written by a private investigator. This doctor had been involved in many lawsuits and one of the plaintiffs happened to have hired a private investigator to follow him. They learned about his sexual encounters with different patients this way and that staff joked he took his patients from the consultation room to the bedroom. But this man intimidates people in many different ways and up to this day he has never been prosecuted for any of these sexual relationships with patients.
Rachelle1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
precaryous