View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 26, 2019 at 07:08 AM

I urge you to seek medical detox and inpatient care. Regardless of what method you use to stay stopped, you are experiencing severe withdrawal symptoms when you do not drink. The shaking is a sign of that. The racing heart, sweats, anxiety and preoccupation with alcohol are all signs that you need medical detox. You can die from suddenly ceasing alcohol. Amy Winehouse died that way. I am an alcoholic in recovery (6.5 years) and I home detoxed and did AA. I was very lucky. I am on lamictal for bipolar and it was the only thing that stopped me from having seizures. I was stupid for doing it on my own. I thought I would die I felt so bad. I shook and shook and when I went to my first AA meeting at the end when you hold someone's hands I shook both people. There are medications they can give you to ease your physical withdrawal symptoms and then you can decide which method you want to use to stay stopped. AA isn't for everyone and there are other ways. Since I have gotten sober I have lost 4 people as a direct result of alcoholism. (6 others to OD's) and I promise you you do not want an alcoholic death.

Are you familiar to what happens to you when you die from alcoholism? You can vomit blood, poop and pee yourself. You become combative and have hallucinations. You become neurologically impaired. Your gait and the way you walk changes. You can have jaundice and yellowing of the skin and eyes. You can have a red puffy nose and cheeks. You could have a heart attack. You are full of despair. I know a woman who took her life because she couldnt take what was happening to her. An alcoholic death is one of the worst deaths I have ever seen. If you do die, forget about having a viewing. The funeral home will have to work some magic to make you look halfway decent. I promise you, you will die like this if you do not get help. And you can not do it at home on your own.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3

Thanks for this!
autumn4689, Bill3