Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 26, 2019 at 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevatedsoul View Post
I just want to ask 1 more question

i feel so avoidant, as in i feel like i know what i need to do; but i cant, not in a procrastination way.. but in a mentally incapable way?
Like anxiety, but more than that? Like getting locked up inside my head and sedated just enough to be able to watch this craziness goin on wandering wtf is wrong with me and why i cant make this madness stop
there is a dissociative problem called depersonalization / derealization but its not like avoiding doing things because of being mentally incapable.

you see here avoiding means to purposely keep away from someone, something and purposely not doing things, there is a word here in america for this avoiding.... its called dis - associate. (spelled with an A between the two S's)

this is different than dissociating (notice there is an A in the first one above and no A in this one between 2 s's)

With Dissociation (no A between 2 S's) means a person isnt avoiding anything. in fact this allows a person to do more things with out feeling, multi task with out emotions getting in the way.

let me show you what I mean....

its memorial weekend. I felt so stressed out emotionally that I purposely avoided going out yesterday (Dis - Associated)

Today I feel nothing, a special kind of mental numbness and this is allowing me to get the salad made for tomorrows family function, dress the children for their sunday school activities, make plans with my wife, do the days housework in just a few hours, come on line .... Im able to do all this with out my emotions from interfering all because I have this mental numbness/ mental sense of being detached from everything. (Dissociated/ depersonalized/ derealized )

my suggestion is if this continues to contact your treatment providers. they will be able to help you to "re associate" if its Dis associate and get grounded if its dissociation.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote