View Single Post
Franner

Member Since May 2019
1 hugs
given
Default May 26, 2019 at 03:24 PM

Hello,
I'm a registered user in a penpal website, and there's this user who shares a lot of interests with me. He always replied my messages fast (4-5 hours). But one day, a month ago, I sent him a message but he didn't reply because he stopped logging in and he hasn't logged in again until five days ago. He hasn't replied to my message yet, and I'm starting to feel anxious because I can see how he logs in (the list of registered users shown when logging in is sorted by login date). I don't really mind he's taking long to reply, to be honest. I'm aware people can be busy. Maybe he read my message and forgot to reply me. Who knows? It has happened to me a lot.

However, in the last message I sent I brought up a probably delicate topic for someone who is a stranger (I don't consider him an acquaintance yet). I mentioned that the country where I'm from is not truly a secular state and I explained some reasons why I thought so. Despite he stated he's atheist, I regret it because I could have sounded aggressive.

So, I would like to write him something to remind him I'm awaiting his reply and apologizing if I brought up an inappropriate topic. However, I'm not sure if writing something like that to a stranger is appropriate or not either. So I would like to know if it is. I've already written the message, and I would like to know your opinion about it:

Quote:
Hello [addressee's name],

I'm writing to you because I noticed you logged in in the past days and I sent you a message about a month ago. First of all, I don't want you to justify yourself, mostly because you don't owe me any explanation for what you do. I am not angry either. I'm certain there's a reasonable reason why I haven't been replied yet. But there's a thought that has me concerned: in my last message I brought up a very delicate topic (religion) and I probably went too far because it wasn't appropriate from me and I probably sounded offensive, and that wasn't my intention. So I apologize for this oversight. I was going to write this after receiving a reply, especially because I really look forward to getting to know, but I've been thinking about this for the whole time and I needed to say it.

Sincerely, [my name].
It's important to me to make sure he understands I'm not angry, that I don't want him to explain me the reason of the delay and that I'm sorry if I sounded offensive in my last message. But I'm not sure if sending this would be a correct decision.

Thanks in advance.
Franner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky