Xynesthesia2
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2019
55 hugs
given
Default May 26, 2019 at 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfishing View Post
With homeopathy, the way they claim it works is that diluting something literally makes it stronger. So say you take a drop of some curative substance and put it in a glass of water, and then give someone a tablespoon of that water to help with what ails them. A homeopath would say that it's more powerful if instead you take that tablespoon from that glass, mix it into a swimming pool, and then give the sick person a tablespoon of the water from the swimming pool.
This is what I meant above when I said there must have been something in the Arnica that I was taking given that I sensed an effect. There is also the part in homeopathic medicine that claims if an otherwise toxic substance is diluted that much, it will actually have the opposite effect and eliminate what higher doses cause.

I do understand the clash or values though when someone feels quite strongly about something another person does not, and vice versa. After all, compatible basic values are very important in all relationships and incompatible values often cause the failure of a specific interpersonal combo. I think the latter type of incompatibility was actually what caused escalating conflicts and eventually the so-called rupture without repair with my first T. And Ts often interpret that sort of thing as negative transference, which is incorrect IMO.
Xynesthesia2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight