View Single Post
Anonymous41006

Default May 26, 2019 at 04:57 PM

Sometimes sexual addictions come about because we were abused and taught to believe that was all we were good for.

Even though it made us feel like we were crap, scum ... Guilt. Shame. ... Things our abusers should be feeling and not us!

A couple of years into my recovery process, I decided I was not going to treat myself like this anymore.

I was taking a break from sex until I healed all my wounded parts, started respecting myself and no longer felt like that's all I was good for in order to be liked/loved.

Here I am 26 years later, still living in abstinence (I call myself a celibasexual) and am still glad for the choice I made.

If I ever do find the ability to trust another enough to engage in a healthy sexual relationship then I will.

Until then, I'm just gonna keep on living like I have been for the past 26 years because contrary to popular belief, going without will not kill a person.

I wish you the best in figuring out how you want to deal with your situation, but just remember this no matter what you decide ...

YOU. ARE. NOT. SCUM. !!!

Sincerely,
Pfrog!

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi

Thanks for this!
bizi, puzzclar