View Single Post
Xynesthesia2
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2019
55 hugs
given
Default May 27, 2019 at 08:26 AM

Now I've listened to some of the Shrink Next Door and read a bit about the guy. It is pretty astonishing to me that this can happen and I, too, would be surprised surprised if it did not affect his practice (although the podcast just came out recently). The academic role he holds at NYU is not very high rank though and it is unclear from the available info what he actually does in that role, he does not seem very accomplished that way. A prime example of mass manipulation. I was thinking about the authority brought up on another recent thread - this kind of manipulation can only happen because many people do see him as authority and do not question his methods and behavior. Sadly, there are many doctors like him in various other specialties.

The T I was referring to a few posts above is definitely much smarter and more decent/careful/respectful - I never had the impression that he takes advantage of clients and is not into dictatorship and superficial appearances, more just likes to work with certain kinds of people/populations and collect high fees with not much effort (maybe he does more with other clients, I don't know). It is a good way to earn a lot of money without actually working with super challenging cases and people who chronically struggle with basic functioning. He did try to sell me a very expensive psychiatrist colleague of his when I considered trying medication but I turned it down promptly as there was absolutely no info available on the psychiatrist online, only my Ts word, which I had no reason to trust blindly. They are also in NY - it is the perfect place for that kind of practice.
Xynesthesia2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
here today, koru_kiwi, missbella, SalingerEsme