Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2012
1,105 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 27, 2019 at 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perna View Post
You did not quite say whether you could afford to lose the money or not? If your life/style will be in serious jeopardy for having lent the money (it will be you on the streets), then it might not have been a good idea to have lent it. I tend to be reckless lending money and my husband is no longer here to temper that and make sure there's a signed, written agreement to pay back, etc. to protect us. But I am not completely a fool :-) and though I would be "hurt" by my relative not paying back what they owe, I usually lend money starting from the premise that I might not get it paid back.
I could afford it. Actually the way I look at it, I wanted to sell and leave my condo back around 7 years ago. If I had sold back then, then it would have been about that amount of money I lent out that I would have had to pay back for the mortgage I owed. I guess it's just a silly way of looking at this, I suppose, just to comfort myself.

I am far from becoming homeless because of my finances now, so I'm not worried about that. But I felt like giving out that loan had robbed me of the joy I felt when I received that money.
will19 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote