View Single Post
starfishing

Member Since May 2017
Default May 27, 2019 at 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberful View Post
Ok, thanks. I thought the concept was that diluting the substance results in more powerful therapeutic effect rather than making the substance itself stronger, which seems in line with allergy shots or vaccines.

I'm an out of the box type of thinker so the concept itself doesn't seem outrageous. (Of course i am not saying anyone who doesn't believe in something is not an out of the box type of thinker.) In nanotechnology, substances are manipulated at the atomic and molecular level in a way that actually makes the substance stronger in some cases, which would have seemed crazy to anyone years ago.

Years ago, I felt ripped off after trying homeopathic medicine. I also purchased a remedy that I now know is completely bogus. I was surprised that the practitioner that practiced that way was also a licensed pharmacist. Saw him twice. Some will try to squeeze as much money out of sick people as they can whether it be allopathic or homeopathic or chiropractic, etc.

I'm in the camp that my Ts beliefs would impact my decision whether or not to see him, so I can relate to the OPs concerns. My Ts beliefs in certain things would lead me to question if my T was crazy at worst; at best, it would diminish his credibility.
No, if giving a smaller dose of a vaccine were just as effective (let alone more effective), then we would give a smaller dose! With vaccines, the aim is the smallest amount that's still effective at stimulating the necessary immune response. Completely different than homeopathy. With allergy shots, the dose starts off very small and builds as the immune system habituates to larger and larger amounts without setting off a severe reaction. So the opposite of homeopathy.
starfishing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote