Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 27, 2019 at 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiuytl View Post
Sometimes, you feel devastating guilt, and you are ready to ask for forgiveness, but you cannot count on the injured party to forgive you. They want to see you punished, and punish you with not giving you what you need. You still need forgiveness, but you cannot and feel you should not forgive yourself. This is where a third party is needed. Someone, ideally on a higher plane, to give you what you need in order to become a better person. That is why many people become actually better by finding religion. Some manage to become better and obtain forgiveness without religion, they learn to forgive themselves, no matter how horrible and shaming the guilt.
Thanks for this. I don't believe in god & so religion is pretty-much irrelevant to me. I'm afraid I function on quite a nuts-&-bolts level... "you did it, you're stuck with it, live with it." That's all...

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
happysobercrafter

Thanks for this!
happysobercrafter