View Single Post
Lrad123
Poohbah

Member Since Nov 2017
372 hugs
given
Default May 27, 2019 at 08:29 PM

I have an issue with emails. Clearly they must symbolize something bigger that I haven’t figured out yet because they’ve taken on a life of their own. My T welcomes emails and reads them, but won’t respond. He used to respond, but stopped last fall and I was really hurt when that happened. I’m emailing less than before, maybe once every two weeks at most, but it often leaves me feeling vulnerable and wishing I hadn’t emailed. I apparently don’t have the self restraint to stop sending this emails, yet I almost always wish I had not sent them. I can’t think of any other scenario in my life where I’m this impulsive unless maybe it involves chocolate (mostly kidding, but it’s the same concept in that it feels great in the moment, but I often regret it afterwards). Anyway, I’m thinking of asking my T to stop reading my emails in attempt to try to extinguish this behavior. It may give me a sense of control to be the one making that decision, and I suppose it will also make things easier for my T because he’ll have less emails to read. I do tend to express my inner world more freely through emails, but my understanding is that this isn’t ideal and I should take the leap towards just sharing in session and maybe just journaling out of session. Thoughts?
Lrad123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
chihirochild, LonesomeTonight, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
susannahsays