Grand Magnate

Member Since Jun 2012
1,429 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 27, 2019 at 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrad123 View Post
I have an issue with emails. Clearly they must symbolize something bigger that I haven’t figured out yet. . . I’m emailing less than before, maybe once every two weeks at most, but it often leaves me feeling vulnerable and wishing I hadn’t emailed. I apparently don’t have the self restraint to stop sending this emails, yet I almost always wish I had not sent them. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrad123 View Post
Apparently I don’t have that control. I think I do, but when I least expect it I send off a crazy email and regret it later. . . .
Seems to me that the long-term thorough solution, and one which may have additional benefits, is to get at why you feel so vulnerable after sending them, as well as why you have the impulses and send them in the first place. Seems like a longing or neediness of some sort? For contact? Reassurance? Something else?

As someone else said on another thread, you can't know what you don't know. . .that sucks, for sure. Do you think it would help to ask your T if he knew of anything that could help you speed up the process of figuring out what is going with you with this issue?

Additionally, to me, with very distinct parts as I found out late in my therapies, thinking you have control about something and then finding out that you don't, that the thing seemingly has a life and a will of its own -- well, that could be very interesting, possibly exciting to investigate? Sounds interesting to me, anyway.
here today is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight, Lrad123, SlumberKitty